Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You say that you love rain,
but you open your umbrella when it rains.
You say that you love the sun, 
but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines.
You say that you love the wind,
but you close your windows when wind blows.
This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too.
~William Shakespeare

I saw this the other day and absolutely fell in love with it. Wow, I haven't been on here in a while. I've been extremely busy and kind of stressed about money. Going back to school is turning out to be exceptionally expensive this year. I bought my parking permit for 95 dollars the other day (ridiculous, if you ask me. don't schools already take enough of our money?) and I also bought all of my books online. They were going to be nearly 300 dollars, and I ended up saving about 115 dollars. Not too bad. I also bought a jansport backpack on ebay, because I feel it will be easier to carry my books and everything around. In addition, I had to buy a new graphing calculator (well, its used) because mine crashed, so I got one off of Amazon. I'm still waiting for all that stuff to ship. I still need to get some school supplies, like binders, papers, etc.

Money would actually be really wonderful if I weren't going to NYC in a few days. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about the trip, but had I known this month was going to be this bad, I would've planned otherwise. I'm budgeting about 300 for the trip and I really hope I don't have to spend more than that. I'm really going to keep track of what I'm spending while I'm there so I don't go over. I've also been selling some stuff on ebay. I sold my Sims 3 game today. I played it once and was so bored, so I just figured I'd sell it. I'm also selling my old computer, dvd player, and portable dvd player on there. I don't have any need for them. The bidding ends in less than 2 days. 

I've also been researching and looking into the application process for all of the graduate schools I'm applying to. I'm applying to Roosevelt University, Boston University, University of Connecticut, Temple University, Illinois State University, and University of Illinois. I wrote my resume the other night. I have to make a few changes to it, but considering I put it together without really knowing what I was doing, I feel that I did pretty well! I've also been attempting to study for the GRE. While I was studying, I was looking up registration, and it turns out they revised the test! So, I had to buy a brand new book, and I just got it today. Now I can finally start studying for real.

As for the challenge, I'm almost done with going without soda for a month! I'm also going to complete a number of tasks while in NYC. I will be walking the Brooklyn Bridge and visiting the location of Cake Boss -- at least that's the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment