Thursday, October 20, 2011

Small Update!

I'm doing very well in school right now! My teacher/advisor told me that he has been very impressed with me this semester, which makes me feel really good. I think I've had an exam in every class by now; I got a 92 on my Macroeconomics exam, a 96 on my OB exam, a 90 on my Abstract Algebra exam, an 84 on my D.E. exam, a 108 on my Discrete exam, and an 87 on my Probablity and Stats Exam. Overall, I feel like that is really good. I will be getting a take home exam for Linear Algebra next week.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but for my OB class, we are doing an ice cream challenge. We are working with the Common Man; they have an apprentice program. Its been okay so far, but I feel like our group still has so much to do. We went and tested our ice cream a couple weeks ago - that went really well. I'm going to pick up the ice-cream on Monday and then we need to figure out a way to get samples to people and take a survey. We have to write up a business plan, and the rough draft for that is due on November 8th. I feel like that is so soon!


I went to the doctors on Monday. That went pretty well - as well as a doctor's visit can go. I'm all healthy and such. I'm going back on Monday to get the 2nd shot in the gardasil series. Then, I have to go back on Thursday to have a consultation. I'm changing my birth control, but my doctor doesn't deal with the type I'm getting, so I need to see another doctor.

I have a pretty busy week coming up. On Saturday, I'm taking my Circle girl to her boyfriend's football game, so that should be fun. Monday, I have to go to the doctor's and then I'm doing an oil change with Johnny. Tuesday, I'm meeting with Dana after class to talk about my personal statement and see what I need to do to revise it. Thursday, I have another doctor's appointment. I guess it doesn't seem that busy, but I have a lot of stuff due next week. It always seems like things are always due on the same day.


Christmas is coming up fast! I've started my shopping, but  I haven't gotten much done yet. I'm pretty broke, but I'm going to make it work somehow. I'm hoping I can afford to get a Christmas tree and decorations. November is a crazy month. I have to get my tires changed (I need to put my snow tires on), Christmas shopping, and I'd like to get decorations. I found out today that I can link my cashback bonus from Discover to Amazon and use it to buy stuff on there. That was very exciting to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment