Thursday, July 14, 2011

**998 days**

Not too much has been going on the last few days, which is why I haven't posted. I've been reading the Twilight series, although I said I would never get dragged in. The other day I started reading Eclipse, so that will be my first book on my list of 100. I also asked Johnny to suggest a book to read. I can't remember what its called, but its a book based on the Magic card game. I'll probably get started on that once I get through all of the Twilight series. Speaking of Twilight, I watched the first two movies the other night and I hated them! I'm pretty observant and I always notice when something is different from the book, which is why I usually stray from watching movies after reading their corresponding book.

I also printed out IMDB's top 250 list and added everything to my Netflix queue. I finished watching the movie I had from them last night and sent it back today, so I should get my first movie on the list in a couple of days.

I'm pretty excited for Saturday. I have the day off of work, and I still get paid for it because I worked the 4th of July holiday. Johnny is going to teach me how to change my own oil, which is one of the things on my list. After that, me and Laurel are going to go shopping. I'm going to get some clothes for myself. I think I deserve it after all the overtime I put in. I also think we're going mini golfing, but I'm not sure on that one yet.

My friend, Tina, mentioned the website www.plinky.com on her blog that has writing prompts, and I think I'm going to start using that in my blog. They're just writing prompts, but I think it'll keep me motivated to keep this blog going when I have nothing else to talk about. She also mentioned that she's thinking about making a day zero list, which is exciting! Tina, if you're reading this, I tried commenting on your blog but it wouldn't let me. I hope you make one, and I agree coming up with the list was very hard, but its a great feeling once you make it and get started! :)


When did you realize you were an adult?

I thought of myself as an adult long before I actually was an adult. I'm a very independent person, so I've always wanted to take care of myself -- I don't take money from people, and I hate getting help. Sometimes, that is not such a good thing, but it's how I am. I would say I started thinking of myself as an adult when I got a job. I got my first job when I was about a month away from being 16. From that point, I paid for a lot of my own stuff, and of course I wasn't an adult but I was close to it.

Other than that, I would say I realized I was an adult the summer after my sophomore year of college. This is when I 'officially' moved out of my parent's house and started living in my college town year round. I paid for everything when I turned 18, but moving out of the house is a big step for a lot of people. There is no doubt that I love my family, but I love being on my own. Even when things get really tough, its such a liberty for me, especially being an independent person.



"I'd like to tell today's youth that no matter where life takes you, big cities, small towns, you'll inevitably come across small minded people who think they're better than you. People who think that material things, or being pretty or popular, automatically make you a worthwhile human being. I'd like to tell today's youth that none of these things matter. Unless you have a stregth of character, intergtity, ... and if you're lucky enough to have any of these things, don't ever sell out. Don't ever sell out. So when you meet a person for the first time, don't judge them by their station in life, 'cause who knows, that person just might end up being your best friend." ~Dawson's Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment