Saturday, July 16, 2011

Oil changes and other stuff

I had the day off today. I got paid for it too; its one of the benefits for working a holiday at my job. I also noticed on my paycheck though, that I got paid doubletime for the actual holiday. I clocked out with 40 hours of regular time, a little over 17 hours of overtime (time and a half) and 8 hours of holiday time (double time). I was really excited to see that paycheck. I would be so willing to work more overtime if its offered to me. I don't even have to strain that much for my job so it wasn't that much of a hassle. I love my job and I'm so glad I left McDonald's!

I got up around 9 today and got ready and headed over to Johnny and Laurel's. Laurel and myself went shopping to get food, because we were planning on making a cookout style dinner. When we got back, I made macaroni salad and deviled eggs, which both turned out really good.

Johnny began showing me some stuff about my car, and then he showed me how to change my oil. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. The hardest part I had was getting the stuff loosened that you have to take off because I wasn't strong enough. Wal-Mart apparently put the stuff back on too tight, which is why I couldn't get the stuff off. Next time, I'm going to do the oil change by myself with Johnny watching making sure I don't do anything wrong. We just hung out for the rest of the day and kind of lost track of time. Johnny didn't get the hamburgers put on the grill until around 8:30.

In other news, I'm almost done with Eclipse. I borrowed Breaking Dawn from Laurel too so that if I finish Eclipse, I can start the next book. I've been keeping up with my spending diary. I've completed two tasks, so I need to take $10 out of my checking account so I can put it aside to save. I've also been working on my coloring book. I've learned two things from this. Number 1: I realized coloring books are probably not the best thing for me due to me being a perfectionist. I want every picture to come out perfect, and I spend way more time than I should on each picture. Number 2: You know those grid drawings where you have to draw the picture above in the grid? Well, I'm not too good at those. I'm going to post the picture below, and the horse came out pretty good, but the girl looks like... well, not a girl. Here are some pictures for your entertainment.



No comments:

Post a Comment