Sunday, July 17, 2011

Feeling Accomplished

I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel a sense of accomplishment today. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I didn't just sleep all day and I actually did something. I got up around 10 and I went for a jog/walk. I went a total of about 1.2 miles, and of that, I ran between 0.3 and 0.5 miles probably. It isn't very much, but its a start. I'm just going to push myself every day. When I got home, I showered, and then I actually did some cleaning. I have quite a bit more to do, but its not half as bad as it was. I also want to find something to get the cat urine smell out of my apartment. I found that not only have they done it on my couch, but also in my moon chair. I found this stuff online, but I'm going to see if I can find something that will work in the store first.

On Wednesday, I'm going to start back on Weight Watchers. I really need to commit myself back to it. I did it in the Fall semester of last year, and I lost about 20 - 25 pounds. I haven't really gained anything, but I want to lose more and I want to feel healthier. I'm going to keep a food log on my Ipod Touch, since I'll be more motivated to do that than write it down. And counting points in my head hasn't been working either because I cheat.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Six Flags New England with a bunch of my friends. I'm really excited, but its supposed to be rainy and storm. :(  I'm hoping it holds out for us though. That will be one state out of the way for my 50 state challenge. I've technically already been to Massachusetts, but I'm talking visit all 50 states since the start of the challenge. I'm hoping I can get a picture of the Welcome to Massachusetts sign, because that's another one of my tasks!


Writing prompt for the day: What's the perfect age to retire? How will you know you're ready?

Honestly, I don't think I ever want to retire. A lot of people tell me I'm crazy, but seriously, unless there is some kind of sickness keeping me from working, I always want to work. I get really bored without work, and I love math, so I don't want to be away from it for even a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment