Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Six Flags, New England

Yesterday, I went to Six Flags with a bunch of my friends from McDonald's. It was good to see them all again. Justin met us there (he lives in Rhode Island), but I drove the rest of us. I had to get up around 6am to get ready and we were on the road by 7. We got there around 10:30, and that was with two stops. Justin took forever to get there after us though. We rode this small "kid" roller coaster just for fun, and then rode this crappy new ride they have. It literally whips you around the corners. I thought I was going to have internal bruises. After that, we rode Mind Eraser and Batman (which is my favorite roller coaster there).

After that, we headed back out to our cars and grabbed our swimming stuff and spent a good amount of time in the water park. The water park was so nice! We did the wave pool, the lazy river (my favorite!), a couple slides, and then one of those tube rides. We went back out to the car and came back in to eat. After that, we pretty much just went on one more ride, which was Bizarro. It used to be called Superman. Justin made me put my hands up for the whole ride which was really scary. He wanted me to do something cool at the camera too, which I tried, but I'm short and barely showed in the picture haha. Here is Bizarro(this picture is actually when it was Superman... it's the same shape, just different colors):

After that, we decided to leave. Everyone was exhausted. I was so happy that it didn't storm though. Considering the weather channel was almost certain that it was going to, it was very relieving. It rained for two minutes at a time every once in a while, but it was a very light rain and nothing to make them shut down rides. The ride back was extremely long. Everyone slept, so that made it even harder for me. I pretty much crashed as soon as I hit my pillow. My body is very sore; I think I did something on one of the rides. My neck and shoulders really hurt. My legs also hurt, but I think that's from a combination of going for a run on Sunday, and walking all day yesterday. Also, one state is out of the way on task number 20. I didn't get the picture of the 'Welcome to Massachusetts' sign though. :(

Tomorrow, I'm starting back on Weight Watchers. My two biggest challenges with this program is A) My days off and B) when I get home from work, I want to snack. I think I'm just going to have to get in the habit of brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed as soon as I get home. I'm also going to try the no soda for a month task. It will go well with my diet, and what I'm hoping to get from this task is that I just won't drink soda ever, except every once in a while. I'm hoping to get up and go for a run in the morning, but we'll see how sore my body still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment